As Young Governors we are here to help our fellow friends, school and community by promoting a postive contribution towards our development of Nightingale Primary School. Pupils have the opportunity to put themselves forward for a role as a Young Governor (School council) and they are voted for by their peers. There is one pupil from each class that can facilitate this role. All pupils may apply at the beginning of the school academic year by writing a statement about why they would be a fantastic role model as a Young Governor and will be elected by a vote across the school. Pupils are highly valued with decisions in class and made demoractically. Young Governors will have involvement in supporting Nightingale Primary School’s sponsorship events, attend weekly meetings, help with walk to school safety week, talk to a school governor, become an assembly monitor, be a role model for their class by giving their class updates ensuring our school is being looked after and respected plus amongst other things throughout the year.
What we aim to achieve:
- Weekly Meetings
- Help organise a charitable event for Children in Need
- Learning with the Lords
- Meet local MP and PCSO’s
- Create questionnaire for School Governors and meet with them
- Create pupil questionnaires to address well-being around the school and how new ‘Happy Lunchtimes’ is going.
- Trip to Parliament
- A local charity TBC
- A Dressing up clothes swap
- Presentation to School Governors on the successes of the year